Well, I decided to create my own challenge. Since music is one of my loves, and I have so many CD’s, I thought it would make sense to host my own challenge.
I don’t know about you, but I often get stuck in a rut–I listen to the same albums over and over again. I buy a new CD, and then it may be some time before I listen to it again. Unless I am in the mood or I just want something different.
Let’s change that this year. Here’s the “rules” in case you decide to join me.
1. Make a goal of trying to listen to a certain number of your CD’s this year. I am going to get one every week from my collection. I am going to do it in somewhat alphabetical order. You could do it by genre, artist, year the album was released, etc. That’s up to you. I plan to listen to at least 52 CD’s this year. Not only that, but I plan to review them here every week–hopefully on Monday.
2. I plan to listen to at least 5 new CD’s this year. I may even step outside my comfort zone. So you make a goal as well of listening to a certain number of new CD’s this year.
3. You may post as many reviews of CD’s this year as you would like. Please let me know how many you have posted and where to find them every week when I post a review. I may do a link-up or you can just do it in the comments section (If you don’t have a blog, you may review the CD(s) you have listened to in the comments section.) Each review will give you an entry into the grand prize. (Keep reading to find about that.)
4. Here’s the exciting part. This challenge will go from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011. There will be a grand prize at the end of the challenge. If you happen to be the winner, I will give you either a $25 gift certificate to Amazon or another music store of your choice or a CD of your choice that does not cost more than $25. It will be your choice. I may be able to come up with small incentives throughout the year. I love to surprise my readers with surprise giveaways and rewards for being a follower.
So, that should do it. Hopefully I have explained everything. I will do my best to keep the reviews coming. If something happens that I cannot link up on a certain week, I will let you know. I may then just give all of the members of the challenge a free entry into the prize drawing if that happens. And by the way, you may join this challenge at any time during the year. You can even begin listening to CD’s this week and writing reviews. Just keep track of what you do. I will verify all reviews.
One last comment. You may wonder what constitutes a good CD review. I do not expect you to write pages and pages for it to count. You may even review multiple CD’s in a post or comment. I am looking for what you liked about and possibly what you did not like. Maybe list your favorite song and your least favorite. It would be nice if you could post a picture of the cover of the CD. I also am expecting you to be honest. Please do not review a CD that is in your collection that you listened to several weeks or months ago. Get it out and listen to it.
1. Listen to and review 52 CD’s.
2. Five of those 52 will be new CD’s.
Link up below! You can post the button I made (yay me!!) on your sidebar. You do not need to actually post about this challenge as long as you sign up with your blog address. Thanks!
Interested in subscribing to all my site's updates? Subscribe below!